Approved and Implemented Maybe adding more Prefixes for threads?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rolan, 7/1/16.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rolan

Rolan
    Expand Collapse
    MOD, Platinum Seller & offers Broker/Pilot Service
    Premium Status: This user has a Premier Sellers Account Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Devoted Status: This user is a devoted member who helps other members Platinum Status: This user has successfully completed 125+ middleman transactions Moderator Status (Non Employee): This account handles basic community support inquiries

1. CLOSED
    - prefix to replace when a thread just doesn't have any purpose anymore and needs to be closed.

2. RESERVED

- when the product is already reserved to someone.

3. BOUGHT

- replacing WTB when the buyer has already bought the product he's looking for.

4. AUCTION

- products that are being offered for auctioning/bidding.

5. NEED MIDDLEMAN ASSISTANCE (only in buy-sell-trade forums)

- original author will change the prefix of his thread when someone has informed him the they've already made payment for his account and is needing @Middleman's attention to assist them. This i think will be much more efficient and convenient in terms of filtering instead of checking out all the notifications that has @Middleman tags.

#1 Rolan, 7/1/16
    Last edited: 7/1/16
    Lovejoel likes this.
  2. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    Admin Status (Staff): This account handles all admin general support inquiries

Thank you as always for the suggestions Rolan.

3. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse

Bought is a good idea
    Auction - Do many people auction their accounts? Seems most set a price and then lower it. Auctions tend to be unreliable because if the seller doesn't get what he wants he backs out.
    Closed - Usually SOLD is the closed option
    Reserved - Isn't a bad idea but haven't seen many reserve an account
    Need Middleman Assistance - There is something else we plan to add later in the year.

Rolan likes this.
  4. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse

Someone also PM'd me the other day a suggestion

Change WTB WTT WTS to

Buying Selling Trading

Thoughs?

5. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse

Someone also PM'd me the other day a suggestion

Change WTB WTT WTS to

Buying Selling Trading

Thoughts?

6. OP
    OP
    Rolan

Rolan
    Expand Collapse
    Premium Status: This user has a Premier Sellers Account Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Devoted Status: This user is a devoted member who helps other members Platinum Status: This user has successfully completed 125+ middleman transactions Moderator Status (Non Employee): This account handles basic community support inquiries

I guess that's not a bad idea b'coz not everyone is accustomed in using the abbreviations probably the reason is they don't know what that means.

Admin likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Rolan

Rolan
    Expand Collapse

Actually Auction and Reserved are just my personal preferences

Auction - i do it a lot in my sales. I do understand your point though so i guess this ones not really that important.

Closed - alright i guess there's no need for this.

Reserved - I thought it might also be useful to prevent multiple purchases from different buyers to avoid additional unnecessary work load such as refunding the others who paid for it. I can also think of other reason to have this added though they just tend to happen minimal.

Need Middleman Assistance - Looking forward to your plan similar to this!

Admin likes this.
  8. Bamboosels

Bamboosels
    Expand Collapse
    Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Trusted Status: This user is a trusted member Silver Status: This user has successfully completed 15+ middleman transactions

My Location:
    I think that adding in these prefixes would help a lot, especially with the user experience. Also, like @Rolan said, not everyone knows how to use the abbreviations WTS WTT WTB so writing it out would help a lot. I know it would've helped me when I had made my first thread.

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
    Admin likes this.
  9. Bamboosels

Bamboosels
    Expand Collapse
    Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Trusted Status: This user is a trusted member Silver Status: This user has successfully completed 15+ middleman transactions

My Location:
    Also to add onto that- an "In Escrow" prefix for while a Middleman transaction is being processed/set up or taking place. Then once the product actually sells and the buyer has the account, it can be changed to sold. However as I know it's all done manually right now, a lot of changes I feel would need to be automated.

10. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse

Buying
    Trading
    Selling

Has now been implemented

s0ck, Rolan and Matheus Pfitscher like this.
  11. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse

Alot of people privately message me things we should implement. One of those was added more prefixes that would help explain more on what the person is selling. The suggestion this person gave me we approved so we will be adding more prefixes and this is in queue.

So 2 changes we have made so far.

Matheus Pfitscher likes this.
  12. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse

Well people hate to read but maybe a hover page outlining what it is could help. We'll look to add something like this later in the year.

Great suggestions everyone. As you know June-November is when the gaming industry slows down a bit so all changes we would like to make now until November so keep proposing any suggestions you have as this is the year we plan to make all changes needed to move forward and eventually get out of BETA.

13. Bamboosels

Bamboosels
    Expand Collapse

My Location:
  14. Bamboosels

Bamboosels
    Expand Collapse

My Location:
  15. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse

Will also note the prefixes are also being redesigned as well. It's in the queue of many projects. The queue will be completely empty by November.

Lovejoel, s0ck and Rolan like this.
  16. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse

This project suggestion will be launched in 1-4 weeks. Part of the big PlayerUp 1.9 update.

Rolan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.