WoW, DK 'Photo' enchantment

Discussion in 'Web Design - Buy Sell Trade' started by Facebook, 8/28/14.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Facebook

Facebook
    Expand Collapse
    Bot Status (Automated): Handles automated general support inquiries

2   0   0

Any suggestions/additions beyond fixing the reflection are welcomed =). Thinking of making the strands of hair more visible...

Original:

(Not an exact original but close as I have, didn't save the original.)

Some of you might recognize this style from signatures of members like F8onVtec, hyk.

.;

thats sick=]

Obviously, like you said, the reflection needs to reflect the weapon effect as well. Plus the reflection should not be wrinkled unless it is over a bobbled surface like water, if it is supposed to be over water, add brushing and lighting to make it look like water.

The dirt on her face throws me more than a small detail like that should, but it's always dangerous to drop stuff on the most detailed part of the render (the face), and it just looks out of place. I'd get rid of it, or I would add dirt to the armor so that the sudden specs on her face make sense instead of stand out.

If you are going for a walking/reflective effect, it will be more powerful if it seems she is walking on something, not just a gradient surface. Try out the grass brush and paint in some grass around her feet, maybe even have it only around her feet with strands drifting into the air behind her steps.

The weapon effect should pop more. There should be blue lighting reflecting obviously off of each part of her that the light from the weapon would touch. It looks like you kind of went for that but it's white lighting at this point.

Beyond that I can't really tell what you're going for so I can't offer much. Anyway, fancy picture, keep it up. =D

Great job on the shadows btw, especially around the shoulder. Most beginners miss important details like that.

Originally Posted by Mightytomato

Great job on the shadows btw, especially around the shoulder. Most beginners miss important details like that.

I've been doing this for a very long time just recently started with WoW photos.

As for some of the other points, The reflective effect is meant to be like that without a source of the literal reflection. Blue lighting from the weapon was already on the list. Gradient effects have always been my preference. The character is the focal point.

Your grass idea did give me an idea for something similar, so I'll try it out and see if I like the result.

Alrighty, Newer version:

fail=] jk dope, make me a wall paper=]

I know it was mentioned regarding the light effect on the weapon, and I know you answered, however, I have to agree, you should most definitely add a weaker effect on the weapon (in the water?) on the reflection.

For some reason the added mist/fog effect makes it look quite dumb. It doesn't look very well brushed, it just ruins it the way it is now. (That's my opinion).

(What happen to her face/hair on the second picture? o_O)

Your points don't really make any sense to me rawr, the reflection, Like I said in the first and second reply hasn't been touched at all other than the ripple As for the smoke, how exactly do you expect smoke to look? It's completely random...I didn't know their was a default look for it lol.

As for the face/hair, what about it?

grrr double post

Here is something new I tried, tell me your thoughts:

Legs give the impression of running while the body is bolt upright? Apart from that it looks amazing!

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.