Warning: Someone Trying To Scam By Email Spoofing

Discussion in 'Disputes - Caution / Under Investigation' started by Chadwick07, 6/25/14.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Status (Staff): This account handles all middleman support tickets Middleman Status (Staff): This account handles all middleman transactions

173   0   0

I removed your "High Risk" banner by the way.

2. OP
    OP
    Chadwick07

Chadwick07
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   0   0

i requested a middle man in my thread, I've sent you personal messages from yesterday and today.. and now u decide to be concerned?

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
  3. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Status (Staff): This account handles all middleman support tickets Middleman Status (Staff): This account handles all middleman transactions

173   0   0

What happened exactly?

4. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse

173   0   0

1). You messaged @Middleman yesterday, us, about a non middleman related question. It was a question about how to securely transfer a Clash of Clans Account which is typically a Help related question which you message @Admin, create a Help Thread, or post a Support Ticket.

2). We messaged you about this in the morning answering all your questions.

3). 90 minutes later you message us back saying you're speaking with someone at [email protected].

4). 90 minutes later we reply back saying it's not us and ask for information.

We can help you if you want our help but there is little we can do unless we know what's going on.

stefano01 likes this.
  5. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse

173   0   0

1). I'm going to guess that they asked you to talk on Kik as well. It's posted in multiple areas on the website and soon will be in the Guides Section that we don't communicate through 3rd party chat programs such as Kik, Skype, ICQ, AIM, Facebook, and the list goes on.

2). When you reply back to an e-mail and it bounces back, that should be a red flag already. It bounced back obviously because the e-mail doesn't exist. It's email spoofing and anyone can do it. We can't prevent this from happening unless we report the issue to the ISP they're using.

3). I'm going to guess that a fake Middleman went into your Kik Conversation and tried to ask you to complete the transaction.

The reason I say all of these things likely happened is because it's noted in multiple areas on the website including the very top of the Clash of Clans Page pictures and warnings of the same exact scam someone keeps trying to do. Read here at the very top post on the Clash of Clans Page:

Important: Safe Trading Guide - Avoid Being Scammed

Now as I said, we can assist you even though we had nothing to do with this transaction but until we get a full explanation on what actually happened, we're limited and unable to provide any assistance to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.