Exploiting  Stole Account Warning - John Patrick Gamboa in 27 M. Miranda St. Brgy. Sta Lucia City: San Juan City Philippines

Discussion in 'Disputes - Banned Scammers' started by Rustty, 7/27/22.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rustty

Rustty
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   0   0

My Location:
    How to report a dispute
    Please complete all nine questions below. Evidence must be provided, otherwise the claim cannot be verified.

1. Date of dispute
    Example:
    July
    July 24th, 2022

2. Are you a buyer or seller?
    Example: I am a seller

3. Total transaction amount
    Example: $2250 USD

4. Username of another party
    pinkishieee

5. Method used for payment or receipt
    Example: Bitcoin

6. The other party's email address
    Example: pinkishieee

7. Counterparty Payment Email Address

8. Name of the other person's

9. Provide all chat logs and additional information below
    order number:

https://www.playerup.com/conversati...ion-id-7322961754-3-way-conversation.2556840/

I started a deal with Uncle Roger, and he's the broker
    suggestion to use
    And the broker led the conversation and handed over all the account information.
    I checked the order number and it is currently waiting 24 to 144 hours.
    I don't know if I was scammed. This is your first time using this trading site.
    Help me

Attached Files:

2. Hulk

Hulk
    Expand Collapse
    General Support Moderator
    General / Expediting Support (Staff): This account handles general/expediting support transactions Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Moderator Status (Non Employee): This account handles basic community support inquiries

16   0   0

@pinkishieee has been suspended. Yes this is a scam.

Did you read the website before you decided to transfer this information over to this random person who was sending you an e-mail?

There are Seller Protection Icons listed all over every single thread on this website so people read them before transferring any payment or account information.

When you click on them you go to this page: https://www.playerup.com/support-tickets/knowledge-base/middleman-sellers-guide.20/. At the very top, we clearly posted:

How will middleman services contact me?
    All middleman transactions are conducted on PlayerUp.com only. Never release any information, perform any service or release any payments if you're a seller unless @middleman contacts you through the Conversation Ticket System. PlayerUp Middleman Services will never contact you through e-mail, discord, steam, facebook, whatsapp, kik, skype, or any 3rd party service. If somebody contacts you offsite claiming they are from PlayerUp, it is a scam.

In addition we post:

When should I release my account information to the buyer?
    Never release your account information unless (@Middleman) contacts you through the PlayerUp Conversation Ticket System. We will never contact you through e-mail, discord, facebook, whatsapp, kik, skype, or any 3rd party service. All middleman transactions are done through PlayerUp.com for security reasons.

Store likes this.
  3. Hulk

Hulk
    Expand Collapse
    General / Expediting Support (Staff): This account handles general/expediting support transactions Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Moderator Status (Non Employee): This account handles basic community support inquiries

16   0   0

@meatball0524 also appears to have been scammed.

Both of you need to start the process of recovering your items and/or reporting them to the game publisher locking them down.

Store likes this.
  4. Disputes

Disputes
    Expand Collapse
    Bot Status (Automated): Handles automated general support inquiries

0   0   0

This user is a repeat scam artist and has been removed from PlayerUp.

Here are their details:

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

UncleRogerTT2#5774

Phone Account No.: 09567608945
    Account Name: Peter Gamboa

Phone Account No.: 09458331536
    Account Name: John Patrick Gamboa

Address: 27 M. Miranda St. Brgy. Sta Lucia City: San Juan City Philippines
    Postal Code: 1500
    Full Name on account: John Patrick Gamboa

John Patrick Cusi

#4 Disputes, 8/14/22
    Last edited by a moderator: 8/14/22
    • This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
  5. Hulk

Hulk
    Expand Collapse

16   0   0

How can you protect yourself from these type of scams in the future?
    I strongly recommend in the future to use PlayerUp Middleman Services to protect yourself from these type of scams. Here is how it works for buyers (Buyers Guide) and here is how it works for sellers (Sellers Guide).

Is there anything we can do to assist you still with this dispute?
    Please read this guide (Guide - Combat Fraud Service). All we need is the scammers full name and address and we can assist you further.

What can you do next to resolve this issue?
    Since this is a PayPal transaction, you need to immediately go to PayPal and open a dispute hopefully before the seller moves those funds. In order to do that, go to your paypal receipt, and see the area where it says resolution or dispute payment. Open a dispute and provide them as much proof as possible. Contact PayPal as well and ask them what you need to do to win a dispute. Keep in constant communication with paypal. If you sent the payment by family and friends then unfortunately those funds are lost as you cannot dispute those payments and we strongly advise against sending friends and family payments in the future even if the seller requires it you can easily say no. For more information, please contact PayPal.

Can PlayerUp provide compensation for this dispute?
    Since this is a non middleman transaction and PlayerUp wasn't directly involved with safeguarding your payment and guaranteeing your transaction we will unfortunately not be able to provide any compensation for you on this transaction as you dealt directly with the individual for which you're submitting a complaint against in this ticket. However if you're able to locate his full name and address, we can possibly go after him but there is no guarantee we'll be able to recover any lost funds - Guide - Combat Fraud Service

How can I protect myself in the future?
    We strongly advise that you don't conduct business offsite. This is the #1 way scammers attract buyers and sellers is they lure them offsite and then bait them into anything because they have no consequences for their actions. If you did business on site, then disregard this message as the majority of scams are done offsite.

6. Hulk

Hulk
    Expand Collapse

16   0   0

User has been removed from PlayerUp for scamming.

Another buyer was also a victim @Andy Xiong

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.