Selling Legend of Korra S2 Blu-ray $19.99, Standard 11.99 at Best Buy

Discussion in 'Electronics - Buy Sell Trade' started by Games, 7/29/15.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Games

Games
    Expand Collapse
    Bot Status (Automated): Handles automated general support inquiries

6   0   1

Hope this isn't old, but I was browsing the website and saw that Korra S2 Blu-ray is on sale for $20. It's normally priced $25 there and $32.xx on amazon. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Too bad season two was largely terrible. I still can't justify $20 on such disappointing television.

IIRC, these prices are from Best Buy's weekly ad, so hopefully Amazon will match them. I'd rather buy the Blu-ray set from there to save on tax.

I reserved a copy at Suncoast/FYE of the Blu for 14.99 with a $5 deposit. The cashier said that the shelf price would be 16.99 on day of release. When the first season came out, they had Season 1 for only 9.99 on Blu.

It wasn't that bad. I really enjoyed Bolin that season. Season 3 is looking pretty good btw.

I pre-ordered S2 BR way back in January on Amazon for about $24.99; do you guys think their preorder guarantee will match Best Buy's?

KL probably hates it because it's so very different from the rest of the avatar series' seasons in spirit, and the ending is a bit of a bizarre cop-out. I still enjoyed it thoroughly.

Post-Wan is an improvement, yes, but not enough of one to save the season. The whole plot arc seems like desperate filler - like they didn't really know where to take the story next, and it's not particularly well-written or paced. They also didn't know what to do with the secondary characters, so they gave them some completely unrelated things to do, which ultimately doesn't go anywhere particularly interesting. As you mentioned, season two also managed to undo pretty much any character development Korra got in the first season, and they really did find a way to make her thoroughly unlikeable, which has yet to be corrected.

Wish I'd seen this, Amazon just shipped me mine for $23

Amazon just price-matched, paired the Blu-Ray up with Thomas Piketty's Capital to get free shipping.

Thanks for posting this, Amazon was going to ship out my copy for $25. I contacted C/S and they're going to credit my card back the extra $5.

Thanks OP looks like I'm gonna pick this up from Best Buy before work tomorrow!

I'll never understand the love this series gets. It's ok at best, but it's utter crap compared to the Legend of Aang.

I really enjoyed the second season, and will be acquiring a copy of the Blu-Ray as soon as I get off work today. Probably Best-Buy, if the shelf price is what this thread is quoting.

Haven't picked it up yet (so haven't started binging yet lol) but I DID watch the first two episodes of Book 2 over the weekend, just to get a sense of what the season is like. And Korra is a B-R-A-T.

Yes, she does. It takes a while though. Mainly because her hotheaded and trusting nature get turned against her (plus, with the others doing their own thing, nobody's around to advise her).

But after the season is over, she remains terribly unlikable. She's never allowed a moment where she really redeems herself to the audience - she's just eternally awful.

That depends on your point of view, really.

I on the other hand like Korra very much.

Was in FYE today to buy the only copy of season 1 i've seen in town ($12.99 price helped matters) with intent to go and get season 2 from Best Buy or Walmart. On a random bit of laziness I look for season 2 in FYE to see if the price is decent to save a drive and found it on sale for $9.99.

It was $9.99 for the DVD version, I presume?

i enjoyed the first season, not so much for the plot in the second season.

Sale is dead. Price up to $15 DVD, $25 BR.

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.