Fake Middleman Scam

Discussion in 'Disputes - Caution / Under Investigation' started by Dominik Sutter, 5/3/17.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dominik Sutter

Dominik Sutter
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   0   0

My Location:
    I sold my account over an middleman thats now 6 days ago. h is useless and it seems he isnt possible to do his work. the buyer and me are mad. we thought the middleman are there to help.. atm he keeps the money. WTF

For your reference, the transaction ID for this middleman transaction is 402877460013.
    For further help with your transaction, please contact "[email protected]"
    this is the useless middleman. I and the buyer will tell our friends in Lords Mobile that the middle man are only a scam. this is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
    Middleman likes this.
  2. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    Admin Status (Staff): This account handles all admin general support inquiries

45   0   0

Automated Response

Thank you for submitting a support ticket. An agent will assist you shortly with your inquiry. Meanwhile, please view the links below as this will direct you to the correct department to get help with your questions.

Regular Support
    For all non-middleman help related questions, please follow these instructions:
    1). View the Guides Section for all commonly asked questions
    2). View our Knowledge Base for all other commonly asked questions
    3). If these sections above don't answer your question, please submit a Help Ticket here.

Middleman Support - "Active" Orders
    Please note that this support is for non-middleman related issues only. For all middleman support questions, please use your Private or 3 Way Conversation Ticket already opened. If you don't have a Private or 3 Way Conversation Ticket opened, please click here to contact middleman support directly. Please also note middleman support is currently experiencing some delays on their responses so we ask that you remain as patient as possible.

Middleman Support - Non "Active" Orders
    If you don't have a Private or 3 Way Conversation Ticket opened, please click here to contact middleman support directly or click here to post a help ticket.

Disputes
    If you believe someone has possibly scammed/frauded you, please Open A Dispute Form (takes 2 minutes). Filing a report will then provide us the necessary information to take action against the individual and assist you at resolving the dispute.

3. OP
    OP
    Dominik Sutter

Dominik Sutter
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   0   0

My Location:
    This message is useless... i want to talk with an admin!!!!!!!!!
    or do you guys dont have the balls to talk with me??

4. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Status (Staff): This account handles all middleman support tickets Middleman Status (Staff): This account handles all middleman transactions

173   0   0

I just got your message from @Admin here.

402877460013 is not a valid order number. I checked your username @Dominik Sutter and I see no history of any orders under this username. When I google the email [email protected] I get 2 scam reports:

Warning - Someone Spoofing Our Email: Never Transfer Account Information Over Email | PlayerUp Accounts Marketplace. Player 2 Player Secure Platform.

Lv 90 war dragons account for sale - War Dragons Forum - PlayerUp.com Forums

This person has scammed you.

5. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Status (Staff): This account handles all middleman support tickets Middleman Status (Staff): This account handles all middleman transactions

173   0   0

Please read our sellers guide: Middleman: Sellers Guide | PlayerUp Accounts Marketplace. Player 2 Player Secure Platform.

Here is how our process works:

How does it work?
    1). Sellers create and post middleman buy now listings (click here)
    2). Buyer clicks on buy now listing and completes payment
    3). We verify and secure the buyers payment
    4). We create a 3 way conversation ticket with the Buyer and Seller
    5). We inform the Seller which specific account information they need to release to the Buyer
    6). During this process, we will communicate and guide both the Buyer and Seller.
    7). Buyer secures and verifies the account
    8). Payment is then disbursed to the Seller

Middleman: Sellers Guide | PlayerUp - Video Game Accounts Marketplace. Player 2 Player Secure Platform.

Do you use K,I,K, Skype, or another messenger service?
    No. All middleman transactions are done through PlayerUp.com for security reasons. Anyone who attempts to contact you through a 3rd party messenger claiming they are us is fraudulent.

When should I release my account information to the buyer?

Never release your account information unless (@Middleman) contacts you through the PlayerUp Conversation Ticket System. We will never contact you through e-mail, K,I,K, skype, or any 3rd party service. All middleman transactions are done through PlayerUp.com for security reasons.

For more information, please visit this link: Middleman: Sellers Guide | PlayerUp - Video Game Accounts Marketplace. Player 2 Player Secure Platform.

6. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse

173   0   0

freechest likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Dominik Sutter

Dominik Sutter
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   0   0

My Location:
    From: Middleman Services<[email protected]>over orbit.eternalimpact.info
    To: [email protected]
    Date: 27. April 2017 at 18:47
    Betreff: Middleman Listing

Dear member,
    Thank you for using middleman services in your "Lords Mobile" Thread for the sale of the account "580M Lords Mobile Account" For your reference, the transaction ID for this middleman transaction is 402877460013.
    For further help with your transaction, please contact "[email protected]"

P.S : Do NOT reply to this email as all emails will be forwarded to our spam folder, for help please contact your directed middleman representative.

Kind Regards,

PlayerUp Support.

this was the first mail i got. after that mail i wrote to this guy

8. freechest

freechest
    Expand Collapse
    Recommended & Trusted Seller
    Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Devoted Status: This user is a devoted member who helps other members Donator Status: This user has donated and helped grow our community Expert Status: This user is an established expert in the gaming industry ImLegit Status: This user has shown that they're a legitimate merchant Leader Status: This member has demonstrated leadership skills Secure Status: This user has shown he is a secure merchant Trusted Status: This user is a trusted member Veteran Status: This user is a veteran experienced member Bronze Status: This user has successfully completed 3+ middleman transactions Banned Status: This user has been banned due to fraudaulent acts against others

15   0   0

Hi @Dominik Sutter !

The email you received was not from @Middleman nor was it from @Admin . You received an email from someone pretending to be @Middleman , you thought that it was the actual Middleman because of sender having the domain " @PlayerUp.com ".
    This was a spoofed email and was not actually sent from any staff on PlayerUp.

Please Read About Spoofing Here -
    Warning - Someone Spoofing Our Email: Never Transfer Account Information Over Email | PlayerUp Accounts Marketplace. Player 2 Player Secure Platform.

Please Read About The Middleman Service Here -

Do you use K,I,K, Skype, or another messenger service?
    No. All middleman transactions are done through PlayerUp.com for security reasons. Anyone who attempts to contact you through a 3rd party messenger claiming they are us is fraudulent.

When should I release my account information to the buyer?

Never release your account information unless (@Middleman) contacts you through the PlayerUp Conversation Ticket System. We will never contact you through e-mail, K,I,K, skype, or any 3rd party service. All middleman transactions are done through PlayerUp.com for security reasons.

For more information, please visit this link:
    Middleman: Sellers Guide | PlayerUp - Video Game Accounts Marketplace. Player 2 Player Secure Platform.

9. OP
    OP
    Dominik Sutter

Dominik Sutter
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   0   0

My Location:
    what i can do now? can i get the acc back? or something like that?

10. freechest

freechest
    Expand Collapse
    Recommended & Trusted Seller
    Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Devoted Status: This user is a devoted member who helps other members Donator Status: This user has donated and helped grow our community Expert Status: This user is an established expert in the gaming industry ImLegit Status: This user has shown that they're a legitimate merchant Leader Status: This member has demonstrated leadership skills Secure Status: This user has shown he is a secure merchant Trusted Status: This user is a trusted member Veteran Status: This user is a veteran experienced member Bronze Status: This user has successfully completed 3+ middleman transactions Banned Status: This user has been banned due to fraudaulent acts against others

15   0   0

How can you protect yourself from these type of scams in the future?
    I strongly recommend in the future to use PlayerUp Middleman Services to protect yourself from these type of scams. Here is how it works for buyers (Middleman: Buyers Guide | PlayerUp Accounts Marketplace. Player 2 Player Secure Platform. and here is how it works for sellers (Middleman: Sellers Guide | PlayerUp Accounts Marketplace. Player 2 Player Secure Platform.

What can you do next to resolve this issue?
    You can attempt to recover your Google Account at the following link -
    Google Accounts

You can attempt to recover your iOS Account at the following link -
    Recover Your Apple ID - Apple

You can also attempt to recover your account by contacting the Developers in-game or via email.
    Mobile support - I GOT GAMES - Global Free Online Games Portal

Can PlayerUp provide compensation for this dispute?
    Since this is a non middleman transaction and PlayerUp wasn't directly involved with safeguarding your payment and guaranteeing your transaction we will unfortunately not be able to provide any compensation for you on this transaction as you dealt directly with the individual for which you're submitting a complaint against in this ticket. However if you're able to locate his full name and address, we can possibly go after him but there is no guarantee we'll be able to recover any lost property or funds -
    Guide - Combat Fraud Service | PlayerUp Accounts Marketplace. Player 2 Player Secure Platform.

How can I protect myself in the future?
    We strongly advise that you don't conduct business offsite. This is the #1 way scammers attract buyers and sellers is they lure them offsite and then bait them into anything because they have no consequences for their actions. If you did business on site, then disregard this message as the majority of scams are done offsite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.