Stole Money Delay In Service - Report Not Necessary

Discussion in 'Disputes - Banned Scammers' started by Iamsailboat, 6/15/21.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iamsailboat

Iamsailboat
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   0   0

My Location:
    How to Report a Dispute
    Please fill out all 9 questions below. You must provide proof or your claim cannot be validated.

1. Date Dispute Happened
    6/16/2021

2. Are You The Buyer or Seller
    Buyer

3. Total Transaction Value
    $200 USD

4. Other Parties Username
    MikW-

5. Method Used To Pay or Receive Payment
    Paypal

6. Other Parties Email Addresses
    [email protected]

7. Other Parties Payment Email Address
    [email protected]

8. Other Parties Messenger Username
    MikW#4332

9. Provide All Chat Logs and Additional Information Below
    I filed a report on this user's listings after purchasing the account because immediately after payment was made the user would not respond to any messages. About an hour later the user came back and told me that his internet had gone down and the timing was unfortunate. I would like to remove the report on this user as they have provided me with what I paid for.

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
  2. Hulk

Hulk
    Expand Collapse
    General Support Moderator
    General / Expediting Support (Staff): This account handles general/expediting support transactions Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Moderator Status (Non Employee): This account handles basic community support inquiries

16   0   0

@MikW- suspended until they respond.

3. MikW-

MikW-
    Expand Collapse
    Suspended Status: This user has been suspended for terms of service violations or fraud practices Banned Status: This user has been banned due to fraudaulent acts against others

0   0   0

My Location:
    Everything is true.

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
  4. Hulk

Hulk
    Expand Collapse
    General / Expediting Support (Staff): This account handles general/expediting support transactions Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Moderator Status (Non Employee): This account handles basic community support inquiries

16   0   0

Thank you and banned.

5. Hulk

Hulk
    Expand Collapse

16   0   0

How can you protect yourself from these type of scams in the future?
    I strongly recommend in the future to use PlayerUp Middleman Services to protect yourself from these type of scams. Here is how it works for buyers (Buyers Guide) and here is how it works for sellers (Sellers Guide).

Is there anything we can do to assist you still with this dispute?
    Please read this guide (Guide - Combat Fraud Service). All we need is the scammers full name and address and we can assist you further.

What can you do next to resolve this issue?
    Since this is a PayPal transaction, you need to immediately go to PayPal and open a dispute hopefully before the seller moves those funds. In order to do that, go to your paypal receipt, and see the area where it says resolution or dispute payment. Open a dispute and provide them as much proof as possible. Contact PayPal as well and ask them what you need to do to win a dispute. Keep in constant communication with paypal. If you sent the payment by family and friends then unfortunately those funds are lost as you cannot dispute those payments and we strongly advise against sending friends and family payments in the future even if the seller requires it you can easily say no. For more information, please contact PayPal.

Can PlayerUp provide compensation for this dispute?
    Since this is a non middleman transaction and PlayerUp wasn't directly involved with safeguarding your payment and guaranteeing your transaction we will unfortunately not be able to provide any compensation for you on this transaction as you dealt directly with the individual for which you're submitting a complaint against in this ticket. However if you're able to locate his full name and address, we can possibly go after him but there is no guarantee we'll be able to recover any lost funds - Guide - Combat Fraud Service

How can I protect myself in the future?
    We strongly advise that you don't conduct business offsite. This is the #1 way scammers attract buyers and sellers is they lure them offsite and then bait them into anything because they have no consequences for their actions. If you did business on site, then disregard this message as the majority of scams are done offsite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.