Exploiting A Fake Middleman Scammed Both of us!!!

Discussion in 'Disputes - Off Site Scams' started by Rainbows, 11/17/18.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainbows

Rainbows
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   1   0

How to Report a Dispute
    Please fill out all 9 questions below. You must provide proof or your claim cannot be validated.

1. Date Dispute Happened
    Example: 18 November 2018 (2AM GMT)

2. Are You The Buyer or Seller
    I'm the Seller

3. Total Transaction Value
    $100 USD

4. Other Parties Username
    His Discord is: BaseballBoy#6379

5. Method Used To Pay or Receive Payment
    PayPal

6. Other Parties Email Addresses
    I don't know

7. Other Parties Payment Email Address
    I am the seller

8. Other Parties Messenger Username
    Discord is: BaseballBoy#6379

9. Provide All Chat Logs and Additional Information Below
    He did not scam me, the middleman employee scammed us both, we both have proof, he took 100$ from the buyer and my fortnite account and blocked us both.

My Discord is: Kryptonic|Rainbows#1515

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
  2. Hulk

Hulk
    Expand Collapse
    General Support Moderator
    General / Expediting Support (Staff): This account handles general/expediting support transactions Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Moderator Status (Non Employee): This account handles basic community support inquiries

16   0   0

Your title is very misleading:

Middleman Scammed Both of us!!!

Is what you posted.

I had it edited to reflect what really happened here.

3. Hulk

Hulk
    Expand Collapse
    General / Expediting Support (Staff): This account handles general/expediting support transactions Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Moderator Status (Non Employee): This account handles basic community support inquiries

16   0   0

When should I release my account information to the buyer?
    Never release your account information unless (@Middleman) contacts you through the PlayerUp Conversation Ticket System. We will never contact you through e-mail, kik, skype, or any 3rd party service. All middleman transactions are done through PlayerUp.com for security reasons.

Do you use Skype, PlayerUp or another messenger service?
    No. All middleman transactions are done through PlayerUp.com for security reasons. Anyone who attempts to contact you through a 3rd party messenger claiming they are us is fraudulent.

4. Hulk

Hulk
    Expand Collapse

16   0   0

5. Hulk

Hulk
    Expand Collapse

16   0   0

6. Hulk

Hulk
    Expand Collapse

16   0   0

We're limited on what we can do here. Everything was done offsite. None of this is related to us. We can't even take action because we don't know who was involved in this dispute other than yourself. You need to recover the item you sent.

7. OP
    OP
    Rainbows

Rainbows
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   1   0

Can I atleast get compensation? like I have more than enough proof and I've lost too much already, please.

8. Hulk

Hulk
    Expand Collapse

16   0   0

Upload your proof to this ticket so we can all see what really happened here.

9. OP
    OP
    Rainbows

Rainbows
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   1   0

These are the screenshot proofs above.

10. OP
    OP
    Rainbows

Rainbows
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   1   0

Please man, i already lost to much, all I am asking for is a bit of compensation, please, proof is above

11. OP
    OP
    Rainbows

Rainbows
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   1   0

12. OP
    OP
    Rainbows

Rainbows
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   1   0

13. OP
    OP
    Rainbows

Rainbows
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   1   0

14. Hulk

Hulk
    Expand Collapse

16   0   0

imgur.com/a/TGOpm9Z#2nEJwcE

15. Hulk

Hulk
    Expand Collapse

16   0   0

Based off the screenshots you have provided, somebody created a fake discord username, stole our site default logo and pretended to be us. Why didn't you contact support 1st before you moved forward with this? All you had to do was open a ticket with actual middleman support here and ask if we use discord and an automated answer would have said we don't.

https://www.playerup.com/conversations/add?to=Middleman

16. Hulk

Hulk
    Expand Collapse

16   0   0

Additionally, the buyer scammed you, not the middleman. The middleman is the buyer. He created 2 discord usernames and pretended to be the middleman. They after the middleman scammed you, he blamed the middleman which is actually him to cover himself. He likely did this so you would blame us rather than him.

This is a classic con artist scam.

Unless you know this persons playerup username who contacted you before you communicated on discord or have this persons address and full name, we can't actually do anything to help enforce this.

17. Hulk

Hulk
    Expand Collapse

16   0   0

I saw you posted Epic in the screenshots. Is this fortnite? You need to recover what you lost. Contact the game publishers and say you can't login to your account. Begin recalling it. If it's attached to a gmail, submit a password recover and regain access to your gmail. That's what you need to do to resolve this.

Expecting us to bail you out and pay "compensation" when we have 0 involvement in this is extremely dangerous. Not only will that promote others to intentionally scam now that they know they'll be compensated but it could also result in people creating fake scams offsite and then trying to get compensation. If we make a special exception and give you compensation, then others will use this as a reference and try to collect compensation as well citing that it's unfair we gave you compensation but they can't receive it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.