Exploiting Scammed, Stole Account Stole Email Address Etc

Discussion in 'Disputes - Off Site Scams' started by IMVUuserlol, 9/10/16.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMVUuserlol

IMVUuserlol
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   0   0

How to Report a Dispute
    Please fill out all 9 questions below. You must provide proof or your claim cannot be validated.

1. Date Dispute Happened
    10/09/2016

2. Are You The Buyer or Seller
    Seller

3. Total Transaction Value
    £95

4. Other Parties Username
    My IMVU username (was) PoLouvet

Their accounts are probably the one's who commented on my post earlier

The scammers were:

mmo--armory (skype)
    marinos markellos, username: live:xsrai (skype)

GMAIL: [email protected] (MMO-Armory)

<[email protected]>

:( That's it, I still have the conversations and stuff.

5. Method Used To Pay or Receive Payment

Paypal

6. Other Parties Email Addresses

See above

7. Other Parties Payment Email Address

See above

8. Other Parties Messenger Username
    See above

9. Provide All Chat Logs and Additional Information Below

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg

EDIT: Also had the nerve to contact me back and try and make himself feel better, called me an love you and etc for trusting him. Fair enough I shouldn't have done this. Just... scary situation. I never want to get involved in anything like this again. I feel scared since I gave him my address, full name, luckily not my bank details, but he has my email address and etc. Obviously I feel horrible and I'm assuming that maybe this has been done before by the same person on here before, but PLEASE BE CAREFUL! USE THIS WEBSITE PROPERLY! I thought the other website was legit and was linked with. I needed the money for University art supplies and now I don't know what to do.

I'm not replying to him anymore but this is the last message he sent me:

"
    And no, I havent been on skype all day long. My skype ID is mmo-armory. Anyone can rename their skype DISPLAY name to mmo-armory. Even you can. Go try it. Change your display name to mmo-armory.
    I dont even know why I even bother explaining this to you since you clearly are adamant about your own opinion.
    And yes. I stand to my previous opinion. You are stupid for getting scammed by some random person on the internet pretending to be mmoarmory. You are foolish not to check our website and read the clear warning that there are tons of people out there pretending to be us. And you are ignorant for not reading the clear warning we automatically sent you when you emailed us. And you are furthermore even more foolish to go through with whatever transaction you had with that imposter when you had 0 replies from me while I was asleep when your emails arrived. And you are even more annoying when you still try and blame this issue on us when we had nothing to do with it.
    If you still dont understand what is going on, you are beyond help and I simply wont bother.
    Go contact your email client support page to recover your email and just be more careful when dealing on the web. Be glad its just an e-mail you lost. There are people who lose thousands of dollars to fake imposters.
    And like I said, if you continue to be rude and senseless this will be my last e-mail. Good luck. "
    [​IMG]

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
  2. PlayerUp

PlayerUp
    Expand Collapse
    Automated Helper Bot
    Bot Status (Automated): Handles automated general support inquiries

2   0   0

[trigger]Guide - How To Report A Dispute

Automated Response

If someone you believe has scammed you, please open a Dispute Form Here. Filing a report takes 2 minutes and will then provide us the necessary information to take action against the individual and assist you at resolving the dispute. Thank you for your cooperation on this matter and sorry to hear about the problems you experienced.

.[/trigger]
    [trigger=by]For: IMVUuserlol Re: #1[/trigger]

3. OP
    OP
    IMVUuserlol

IMVUuserlol
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   0   0

How to Report a Dispute
    Please fill out all 9 questions below. You must provide proof or your claim cannot be validated.

1. Date Dispute Happened
    10/09/2016

2. Are You The Buyer or Seller
    Seller

3. Total Transaction Value
    £95

4. Other Parties Username
    My IMVU username (was) PoLouvet

Their accounts are probably the one's who commented on my post earlier

The scammers were:

mmo--armory (skype)
    marinos markellos, username: live:xsrai (skype)

GMAIL: [email protected] (MMO-Armory)

<[email protected]>

:( That's it, I still have the conversations and stuff.

5. Method Used To Pay or Receive Payment

Paypal

6. Other Parties Email Addresses

See above

7. Other Parties Payment Email Address

See above

8. Other Parties Messenger Username
    See above

9. Provide All Chat Logs and Additional Information Below

View attachment 131447 View attachment 131448 View attachment 131449 View attachment 131450 View attachment 131451 View attachment 131452 View attachment 131453 View attachment 131454 View attachment 131455

EDIT: Also had the nerve to contact me back and try and make himself feel better, called me an love you and etc for trusting him. Fair enough I shouldn't have done this. Just... scary situation. I never want to get involved in anything like this again. I feel scared since I gave him my address, full name, luckily not my bank details, but he has my email address and etc. Obviously I feel horrible and I'm assuming that maybe this has been done before by the same person on here before, but PLEASE BE CAREFUL! USE THIS WEBSITE PROPERLY! I thought the other website was legit and was linked with. I needed the money for University art supplies and now I don't know what to do.

I'm not replying to him anymore but this is the last message he sent me:

"
    And no, I havent been on skype all day long. My skype ID is mmo-armory. Anyone can rename their skype DISPLAY name to mmo-armory. Even you can. Go try it. Change your display name to mmo-armory.
    I dont even know why I even bother explaining this to you since you clearly are adamant about your own opinion.
    And yes. I stand to my previous opinion. You are stupid for getting scammed by some random person on the internet pretending to be mmoarmory. You are foolish not to check our website and read the clear warning that there are tons of people out there pretending to be us. And you are ignorant for not reading the clear warning we automatically sent you when you emailed us. And you are furthermore even more foolish to go through with whatever transaction you had with that imposter when you had 0 replies from me while I was asleep when your emails arrived. And you are even more annoying when you still try and blame this issue on us when we had nothing to do with it.
    If you still dont understand what is going on, you are beyond help and I simply wont bother.
    Go contact your email client support page to recover your email and just be more careful when dealing on the web. Be glad its just an e-mail you lost. There are people who lose thousands of dollars to fake imposters.
    And like I said, if you continue to be rude and senseless this will be my last e-mail. Good luck. "
    [​IMG]

4. OP
    OP
    IMVUuserlol

IMVUuserlol
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   0   0

If there needs to be anymore proof I have conversations with him trying to talk to me and he is scary, trying to make me feel guilty for trusting him, etc. I don't know what else to say, honestly.

5. Vietzobud

Vietzobud
    Expand Collapse
    Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification

1   0   0

@IMVUuserlol What is the other party's PlayerUp username?

6. OP
    OP
    IMVUuserlol

IMVUuserlol
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   0   0

@Vietzobud I don't know. They didn't email me on here, it was just directly through gmail. It's okay if you guys can't help, I just still think it's important that the community knows. The only people who wrote on my topic this evening are Cyberppap and Nickoacid.

7. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    Admin Status (Staff): This account handles all admin general support inquiries

45   0   0

We're limited on what we can do here because this is an offsite dispute.

How can you protect yourself from these type of scams in the future?
    I strongly recommend in the future to use PlayerUp Middleman Services to protect yourself from these type of scams. Here is how it works for buyers (Buyers Guide) and here is how it works for sellers (Sellers Guide).

Is there anything we can do to assist you still with this dispute?
    Please read this guide (Guide - Combat Fraud Service). All we need is the scammers full name and address and we can assist you further.

8. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    Admin Status (Staff): This account handles all admin general support inquiries

45   0   0

Contact IMVU and try to recover the account. That's all you can pretty much do at this point. Say you lost access and need help resetting it.

IMVUuserlol likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    IMVUuserlol

IMVUuserlol
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   0   0

Thank you!

10. Avatar PR

Expand Collapse
    Authorised MOD
    Premium Pro Status: This user is a Premium Pro Seller Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Silver Status: This user has successfully completed 15+ middleman transactions Moderator Status (Non Employee): This account handles basic community support inquiries

33   0   0

My Location:
  11. OP
    OP
    IMVUuserlol

IMVUuserlol
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   0   0

UPDATE: A few months ago I got the account back! I've had a really busy year and couldn't focus my time anymore on IMVU etc, but I contacted the IMVU staff and they gave everything back.

I also got messaged on September 18th asking about the account. The email is <[email protected]>
    And the message I received is:

Hello,

I'm writing to contact you about your stolen account last year. The scammer was caught and banned. However, you might be able to continue your dispute so that the scammer can be forced to return you the money.

Exploiting - Scammed, Stole Account Stole Email Address etc. | PlayerUp Accounts Marketplace. Player 2 Player Secure Platform.

I have his Facebook and his pictures besides his username on Playerup and other skype info. Please let me know if you want to do this for yourself and for other victims.

Thank you

Sent from Outlook

12. PlayerUp

PlayerUp
    Expand Collapse
    Automated Helper Bot
    Bot Status (Automated): Handles automated general support inquiries

2   0   0

Automated Response

If someone you believe has scammed you, please open a Dispute Form Here. Filing a report takes 2 minutes and will then provide us the necessary information to take action against the individual and assist you at resolving the dispute. Thank you for your cooperation on this matter and sorry to hear about the problems you experienced.

.[/trigger]

Automated Response

.[/trigger]

Automated Response

.[/trigger]

[trigger=by]For: IMVUuserlol Re: #9[/trigger]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.