Approved and Implemented Mobile Site Optimization

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bamboosels, 7/3/16.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bamboosels

Bamboosels
    Expand Collapse
    Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Trusted Status: This user is a trusted member Silver Status: This user has successfully completed 15+ middleman transactions

My Location:
    Mobile users tend to be almost half of a site's traffic, so I think that you guys should focus on optimizing your mobile site. In it's current state, it's very user unfriendly and difficult to use. Take a look at what I'm talking about:

At first glance, it's not great, lots of ugly empty space dominates nearly half the page. The header is far too large and very unpleasing to look at.
    [​IMG]

SUGGESTIONS:
    Remove this entire bar from view [​IMG] to make it a bit smaller and to remove the duplicate search.

Move the [​IMG] and the [​IMG] boxes side by side. Once those are done remove all extra space so it looks something like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

It looks much more sleek and elegant, and improves the user interface a LOT. Now, when someone logs in, it looks like this:
    [​IMG]

Assuming the header looks like it does in the optimized version, rather than putting the profile button where it is now, put it up by the "Credits". So, logged in it should look like the desktop site's header:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Then when you click on your profile it opens on the left side of the screen just like if you hit the "Menu" button.

Just by those few changes the site looks 100x better than it did.

Now for the actual content/forum part of the site.
    This part I feel needs a LOT of work.
    [​IMG]

Again mainly reformatting the post:

Condense the Entire header part [​IMG]

Condense the Profile part [​IMG] so it doesn't look so cluttered.

And somehow fix this: [​IMG]

That's all the suggestions I have on optimization for the mobile site. It's a bit extensive but just by making it look more aesthetically pleasing it will help the UI by a lot. I would use the mobile site far more often if it wasn't how it is now.

Additional BUG: You can't create Middleman links on mobile and paying for one looks quite unpleasant:
    [​IMG]

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
    Admin likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    Bamboosels

Bamboosels
    Expand Collapse
    Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Trusted Status: This user is a trusted member Silver Status: This user has successfully completed 15+ middleman transactions

My Location:
    Feedback?

Admin likes this.
  3. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    Admin Status (Staff): This account handles all admin general support inquiries

We have plans for mobile optimization already so this is approved and I will add these suggestions.

This site doesn't look good if your browser screen is small as we have a responsive design which was modified heavily.

Basically there are 3 ways we can optimize this platform to work with mobile devices and this is what we plan to do in order:

1). We plan to tweak this site for mobile browsers (your suggestions can be added).
    2). We could add tapatalk or a competitor
    3). We could setup an Android App but have been advised to avoid doing apps because it's difficult to maintain and not sure enough people would use it to make it beneficial.

#1 will take sometime
    #2 could be done within a week or two
    #3 could take a month or more

All of these can be done. Would like some feedback on this.

hamy and Matheus Pfitscher like this.
  4. Matheus Pfitscher

Matheus Pfitscher
    Expand Collapse
    Suspended Status: This user has been suspended for terms of service violations or fraud practices

You may already know my opinion on this, I only will strengthen, I would very much like to have an app.

And as the main games sold are mobile, it would be a great investment, since many use this platform.

5. OP
    OP
    Bamboosels

Bamboosels
    Expand Collapse

My Location:
    Yeah, only thing like @Admin said is with mobile app a lot of people don't just want another app on their phone, and I think the changes I recommended are fairly easy cosmetic fixes to make it easier to use and navigate.

Tapatalk I think would be good in the short-run, but in the long run I think it would be better with an app/strong mobile site. I wouldn't mind Tapatalk, however.

Matheus Pfitscher likes this.
  6. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse

My problem with a mobile app is I know 4 sites (2 in this industry 2 dealing with gray market industries) and all of them were rejected by the Apple Store so doing an app may not be possible in our industry for iOS devices. For Google Playstore that is another story. It can be done but for Android only most likely.

Howabout tapatalk or we'd actually use an alternative because tapatalk has so many negative reviews.

Matheus Pfitscher and hamy like this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Bamboosels

Bamboosels
    Expand Collapse

My Location:
    I like Tapatalk, but then if it did get negative feedback and we need an alternative, there aren't really any good ones. None of the alternatives offer nearly as much functionality as TT does.

Admin likes this.
  8. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse

Okay then so the decision here is to go forward with
    • Integrating Tapatalk
    • Updating Mobile Theme
    At this time, we will likely not look towards implementing an Android App until more demand. Lets start with these 2 and then go from there.

Matheus Pfitscher and Bamboosels like this.
  9. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse

• Tapatalk will go live within 24 hours.
    • New mobile theme is in development and will be launched in the upcoming weeks/months.
    Will add that since Tapatalk isn't very customizable, many of the site features aren't visible through Tapatalk. If you're using PlayerUp just to check your messages, chat on the go, recommendation is to use Tapatalk. If you're doing some specific work or need to use some of the site features that aren't visible using Tapatalk, switch back to our current theme.

#9 Admin, 7/9/16
    Last edited: 7/9/16
    Bamboosels and Matheus Pfitscher like this.
  10. OP
    OP
    Bamboosels

Bamboosels
    Expand Collapse

My Location:
    Can't wait! It'll be a significant change for sure.

11. OP
    OP
    Bamboosels

Bamboosels
    Expand Collapse

My Location:
    One small issue with Tapatalk: It categorizes stickies into a separate section, which isn't immediately visible so stickies posts are seen after the normal posts, which is the opposite of what sticky posts should do lol. See picture.

File_000.png - Google Drive

Admin likes this.
  12. OP
    OP
    Bamboosels

Bamboosels
    Expand Collapse

My Location:
    One small issue with Tapatalk: It categorizes stickies into a separate section, which isn't immediately visible so stickies posts are seen after the normal posts, which is the opposite of what sticky posts should do lol. See picture.

File_000.png - Google Drive

Admin likes this.
  13. PlayerUp

PlayerUp
    Expand Collapse
    Automated Helper Bot
    Bot Status (Automated): Handles automated general support inquiries

[trigger]Guide - Sticky Threads

Automated Response

How do sticky threads work?
    There are 2 ways to sticky your thread:

1). Post a Buy Now Middleman Link in your thread
    2). Purchase a Sticky Thread

How do I get my middleman thread stickied?
    Our system automatically scans and sticky threads instantly if they contain a middleman link. If your thread has not been stickied, please open a Help Ticket.

What is a sticky thread bonus for certain members?

Click Here For More Information

.[/trigger]
    [trigger=by]For: Bamboosels Re: #10[/trigger]

14. PlayerUp

PlayerUp
    Expand Collapse
    Automated Helper Bot
    Bot Status (Automated): Handles automated general support inquiries

[trigger]Guide - Sticky Threads

Automated Response

How do sticky threads work?
    There are 2 ways to sticky your thread:

1). Post a Buy Now Middleman Link in your thread
    2). Purchase a Sticky Thread

How do I get my middleman thread stickied?
    Our system automatically scans and sticky threads instantly if they contain a middleman link. If your thread has not been stickied, please open a Help Ticket.

What is a sticky thread bonus for certain members?

Click Here For More Information

.[/trigger]
    [trigger=by]For: Bamboosels Re: #10[/trigger]

15. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse

Yes we already sent in a support ticket to Tapatalk about this.

Bamboosels likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.