Approved and Implemented Ideas i can think of that can prevent/avoid scams are the following:

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rolan, 6/30/16.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rolan

Rolan
    Expand Collapse
    MOD, Platinum Seller & offers Broker/Pilot Service
    Premium Status: This user has a Premier Sellers Account Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Devoted Status: This user is a devoted member who helps other members Platinum Status: This user has successfully completed 125+ middleman transactions Moderator Status (Non Employee): This account handles basic community support inquiries

- Live Chat Support (which i think is the best out of the 3)
    the fact that not everyone has knowledge of how the site works especially with their Middleman Service is a major factor as to why there's a scam like this happening. Having a Live Chat Support would dramatically decrease the victims of these scams b'coz new members can ask Community Moderators about their questions or concerns and they will get an immediate answer with explanation.

- Guides/Walkthroughs for Newly Registered Members
    this one can be done through Private Conversation Ticket. Newly registered Members will receive an Auto-PM that includes guides/walkthroughs with short but clear explanation (not like the words you used in your original seller/buyer guides & knowledge base) about the site, contacts and how your service works.

- Forcibly Enable-Lock Notifications on Disputes, Help and Middleman Sections
    Implementing this will make everyone receive notifications every time there's a new thread created in that 3 sections. It can be the Disputes section alone just to make everyone aware of what scams/disputes are being reported everyday.

Additional...

- Create a Site-Staff List page

Admin likes this.
  2. Bamboosels

Bamboosels
    Expand Collapse
    Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Trusted Status: This user is a trusted member Silver Status: This user has successfully completed 15+ middleman transactions

My Location:
    Live chat support is a great idea. I've been wanting them to add it as a feature for a very, very long time, but I feel like they are already short-handed as is. Middleman purchases take a while and support isn't answered very quickly.

However recruiting more moderators or administrators would help with that I think. Great suggestion IMO.

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
  3. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    Admin Status (Staff): This account handles all admin general support inquiries

Live Chat will take sometime but we basically did approve this in your last suggestion.

Approved and will be put in queue soon.

everyday.

Can you clarify this? So you want to notify all members when a dispute is opened. Won't people hate this? Spam they won't read?

Approved and will be put in queue soon

4. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse

Staff List Request Approved and now in queue.

Matheus Pfitscher likes this.
  5. Bamboosels

Bamboosels
    Expand Collapse
    Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Trusted Status: This user is a trusted member Silver Status: This user has successfully completed 15+ middleman transactions

My Location:
    I agree I don't think most people would like that. However, I feel that at least important announcements should be sent out to everyone, as long as it isn't very often. Maybe once every few weeks or so? People shouldn't mind that.

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
  6. OP
    OP
    Rolan

Rolan
    Expand Collapse
    MOD, Platinum Seller & offers Broker/Pilot Service
    Premium Status: This user has a Premier Sellers Account Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Devoted Status: This user is a devoted member who helps other members Platinum Status: This user has successfully completed 125+ middleman transactions Moderator Status (Non Employee): This account handles basic community support inquiries

I also agree, thats actually what i was thinking when im writing it up and yes you understood it right, every members would get notification when a dispute is created.

Now i just thought of an idea on how this method may not look as an annoyance, all Verified members can disable notifications from the dispute section if they wish to while non-Verified cannot. ( as for me, i still prefer getting notifications even though im already an experienced seller. )

To put it in a perspective, for a member who already knows what they're doing this method may or may not be seen as annoyance as well as for a new member but has experience selling in other sites but i think that for a completely newbie seller this would make them aware of all the scams that are happening every so often which i think for every new sellers is much better than experiencing the scamming theirselves before they do their research about the scam reports in the site. Wouldn't they'd be more glad and grateful that they received all those notifications than getting annoyed that it saved them from any scam attempts?

Im not sure if i get all my explanations correct or if its still vauge but if you do you can tweak as many as it take to make it more eye-pleasing rather than eye-pissing.

Admin likes this.
  7. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse

It's easy to publish an announcement page popup. We already have something completed for this. It appears in the bottom left hand corner of the site if we activate it.

8. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.