Selling Feigning Death There was a news story mentioned by...Middleman Seller Guide

Discussion in 'WoW - US Accounts - Buy Sell Trade' started by WoW Account and Character, 1/27/13.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoW Account and Character
    Expand Collapse

0   0   0

Feigning Death There was a news story mentioned by Torrill Mortensen, about a 12 year old boy from Norways that survived, of all things, a moose attack. Appartently he first yelled at the mosse, attempting to distract it so his sister could get away. After, when he got attacked and the moose stood over him he feigned death. When asked the boy said, “Just like you learn at level 30 in World of Warcraft.” This serendipitous transfer to your real life your MMOG experience. Myself, I would really find it hard to believe that one could earn a Boy Scouts merit badge in World of Warcraft, or that World of Warcraft would be the most effective way to learn real world woodland survival skills. Still, as reported by Torrill, the story does lead you to believe that sometimes, transfer happens in odd moments, and in different ways. As another example, I find it harder to believe that I’ve learned anything form Eve Online. At least anything that I could use to make money in real world markets. Still, as an analogy, a less than perfect proxy for real world situations, the game world of Eve Online does present some fascinating examples. So maybe there in lies the point of transfer for game-oriented MMO’s, and not situations. Those direct experiences might not transfer as well, still, the experience and agility to form analogies, based on those same experiences might. Well, I do know that it is a real moose and that I am not a hunter in World of Warcraft. Hypothetically speaking though, if this were like that incident in that Vale of…, well perhaps I could…, perhaps do something like… Of course, just hypothetically speaking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.