[c/c++] Clientless (Work in Progress)

Discussion in 'Maplestory Accounts - Buy Sell Trade' started by toddddd, 2/3/17.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toddddd

toddddd
    Expand Collapse
    High Risk Status: This user has been flagged as high risk due to one or more reasons

Ive been interested in making something clientless for awhile now, and i also wanted to get back to my preferred language of C/C++ instead of C# or all the Java ive seen around.

Wasnt really sure where to post this, but just wanted to throw what i have sofar up here incase anyone else is interested.

So just to go over some things here:
    - This is no where near completed. It is still missing a bunch of the packets and there is almost no functionality to it at the moment other then logging in.
    - No config file/runtime input right now (plan to do this in the future). Right now it requires the email/password AND characterId to be hardcoded into the source. Oh and server ip.
    - I went with the OpenSSL library to handle all the encryption related functions (RSA/Base64/RC4), it seems to be the standard and was pretty easy to setup compared to some of the other 3rd party libraries i saw out there.
    - I believe the only acknowledgement packets this doesnt send right now are related to enemyshoot/allyshoot or whatever it is. It does send updateack/gotoack/move/aoeack/pong packets right now whenever it gets their counterpart packet.
    - Still a long way to go before this will really do anything fun, it is a work in progress though.
    - I havent tried to leave this running for more then 10 minutes currently, obviously it might get dc'ed if it doesnt sent all the acknowledgements packets when it is suppose too, so if you do get this running (as is) it probably will dc'd eventually.

Anyways, ive been working on this in my spare time while at work for the past week or so. My main resource has been just decompiling the game client and looking over that to see how it handles thing. If i wasnt sure of something i would then go to the k-relay source. Unfortunately there hasnt been any c/c++ stuff for rotmg for a long long time. The only c/c++ resource i found was Oryx-Hates-C, and that was 1) horribly outdated, and 2) didnt really see anything useful in it.

I did attempt to look over the code released by BotMaker, but that euphoria language is...not euphoric lol. It did help me a little bit though at understanding how to get started.

If you do get this running, the only thing it does right now other then connect to the server and login currently is auto-reply "it works!" if you whisper the bot.
    [​IMG]

I also left it running for about 10 minutes and monitored the cpu&memory from the task manager (i use a laptop, so no fancy hardware or anything):
    [​IMG]

Over the 10 minute period the cpu % would go as high as %0.3 and i even saw it drop down to %0.0 a few times lol. The memory seemed to fluctuate between 1.2MB and 1.3MB, HOPEFULLY that means there arent any memory leaks...which memory leaks are a pain in the love you with c/c++ so it would be great if ive managed to avoid them sofar.

Well thats all for now. Ill continue to update this post as i get more stuff added to this. It will be a long long time before any sort of public program is released with this source (im not even sure what i want to make this do yet). If anyone has questions feel free to ask, ill do my best to answer!

ps: no exe in attached source, just visual studio's project file + source. But just incase here are the scans:
    https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/f...is/1486096262/
    https://virusscan.jotti.org/en-US/fi...job/rkj5604uiv
    Downloadable Files

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.