Selling Blizzard Responds to World of Warcraft Hacking As...Middleman Seller Guide

Discussion in 'WoW - US Accounts - Buy Sell Trade' started by WoW Account and Character, 2/1/13.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoW Account and Character
    Expand Collapse

0   0   0

Blizzard Responds to World of Warcraft Hacking As can be expected, when you have something great that’s technology based, there are going to be losers who dedicate themselves to creating havoc. World of Warcraft is no exception. Hackers are staying up nights, sleeping their days away, rising at 9:00 p.m. to go into their mom’s basement trying to wrestle Blizzard single-handedly to the ground. The company answers questions on its view of in-game hacking. When I read this article about World of Warcraft hackers in Technology Review, I was hoping to get more than the author’s opinion to the questions he posed as they were really relavant. To my amasement, and resurrection of faith in at least one journalist, I saw a follow up article to the original story. Apparently the writer simultaneously sent a request for comment to Blizzard Entertainment itself. Since the game maker's responses were interesting, albeit very corporate in nature, I have summarized them here. Blizzard, what is your official comment on your policy about in-game helpers/bots? All "bots" or in-game helper programs designed to run ,or play the game without human involvement are dealt with in a swift fashion. World of Warcraft is not to be played automatically, or with little or no player input and therefore is strictly forbidden. Blizzard Entertainment takes violations of this policy very seriously and have consistently worked to identify the use of bots in game. When such devices or programs are suspected, Blizzard will immediately and suspend or close the associated accounts. Blizzard, do you consider this sort of research/activity to be against the EULA? If so, what parts? Blizzard Entertainment considers automated play cheating. The use of bots goes against the spirit of the game and provides unfair advantages over other players. We have expressly forbidden the use of bots in the World of Warcraft Terms of Use (ToU), which all players are required to agree to before playing. The...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.